Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office
This Notice sets out your rights and how I comply with Data Protection Law concerning information I hold about you. The purpose of my data collection and retention relates to the professional service I provide to you.
Information I collect and hold:
- Your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, details of your GP, psychological medication prescribed along with details of any other relevant health professionals involved in your care.
- I would only ever contact your medical practitioner/s or others with your consent, except I consider you or others to be at risk.
- The record of your consultation with me is retained as you may re-present for further assistance at a later time. Correspondence with you, and with others who may be associated with your care, will also be retained.
- Brief anonymised notes, of your sessions will be kept. This is to assist the process of my clinical supervision and these notes will be safely destroyed after their use for this purpose.
- A record of session attendance and payment will be held.
- Clinic records are retained for a maximum period of 10 years.
Protecting information about you and who can see it
I make every effort to treat and store securely all information about you – on paper and held electronically – as personal and confidential.
To ensure best professional practice, I will consult if needed with clinical colleagues within The SAP about your treatment. In such case, your name would be anonymised to protect your identify whenever necessary.
In the rare event that I am unable to continue your treatment, SAP colleagues may assist and will be provided with your contact details should it be necessary for them to meet or speak with you.
Your information is only seen by clinicians involved in your treatment. All clinicians are subject to The SAP and BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council) Codes which require compliance with ethical standards, including respect for confidentiality.
- You have the right to see any information I hold about you.
- You have the right to request that information I hold about you is deleted once your treatment with the me has been completed.
- You also have the right to require that information I hold about you is rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- To access information and to request rectification or deletion, you may raise this personally with me or contact me by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data management and complaints
Should you be dissatisfied with the way I have managed your information and your complaint, you may submit a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner. The Commissioner’s website address is https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/. The website offers Live Chat and a telephone helpline number 0303 123 1113